If you want to learn how to cook a frozen Beyond burger in the air fryer, you’ve come to the right place! It’s really simple, and it’s a great and healthy way to cook veggie burgers. The results yield crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside burgers every time. And the same method can go for any frozen meatless burger patty, like Impossible burgers and Incogmeato burgers! Lets get started!
Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
- Frozen Beyond Burger In Air Fryer
- Can You Cook A Frozen Beyond Burger In Air Fryer?
- How Does An Air Fryer Work?
- How To Freeze Beyond Burgers
- How To Thaw Beyond Meat
- What Is Beyond Meat Made Of?
- How TO Cook Beyond Burger From Frozen
- Is Beyond Meat Mediterranean Diet Friendly?
- More Air Fryer Recipes That You Will Love
- Frozen Beyond Burger In Air Fryer
Can You Cook A Frozen Beyond Burger In Air Fryer?
Let’s get this question out of the way: YES! You can absolutely cook a frozen or thawed beyond burger in the air fryer.
Really, the only change that you will have to make in the cooking process is the cooking time.
Choosing to make an air fryer Beyond burger decreases or even omits the amount of oil that you have to use, making it a healthier option than pan searing.
How Does An Air Fryer Work?
Traditional air fryers have a heating mechanism and a powerful fan. You place the food in a crisper tray, and when you turn it on, hot air rushes down and around the food. The rapid circulation of superheated air makes the food crispy—similar to deep-frying, but without the excessive oil.
The heating elements are usually found at the top of the air fryer. The air fryer function cooks food up to 40% quicker than a conventional oven, meaning less time in the kitchen. The superheated cyclonic air moves extra fast for even cooking, and little to no oil is required!
I have a PowerXL Air Fryer Grill Review post if you want to learn more!
How To Freeze Beyond Burgers
You have the option to freeze them in their original packaging, but I find that I personally don’t like to do that. It takes up a lot of space in the freezer, and I would rather just stack them.
They can stay frozen for typically up to 3 months, but check the “If purchased frozen, use by” date on the packaging.
How To Thaw Beyond Meat
To thaw, place the frozen patties in the refrigerator and they will be thawed within 12-24 hours.
If you decide to thaw the frozen burgers (you don’t have to!), Beyond Burgers have a 10 day shelf life in the refrigerator once thawed. But I personally like to use them within 24 hours after thawing.
What Is Beyond Meat Made Of?
Beyond Meat is made of five basic elements, including amino acids, lipids, carbohydrates, minerals and water. The ingredients include pea protein isolate, mung beans and brown rice protein, along with a few different oils and potato starch. (and more!)
Beet juice extract gives these plant-based burgers their signature ‘bloody’ juices, without actually harming any animals!
And don’t ask me how they do it, but these scientists have figured out how to give this plant based burger a similar texture to ground beef… it’s pretty mind blowing.
Good Housekeeping has a great article on the Beyond burger vs a beef burger or turkey burgers, if you want to check it out! What Is the Beyond Burger and Is It Healthier Than a Regular Hamburger?
How TO Cook Beyond Burger From Frozen
You guys, air frying is the best way to cook a burger because it yields a crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside burger every time. And you don’t even have to thaw the meat! Feel free to use these instructions for Beyond Meat burgers, Impossible burger or Incogmeato burgers!
Scroll to the recipe card for the full list of ingredients and instructions!
- Take the frozen burger patties out of their container. Toss out any parchment paper that is stuck to the burgers.
- Spray each side of the burger with vegetable oil for crispier burgers, or skip this step if opting for oil-less burgers. Place them flat in the air fryer basket in a single layer, and top with a crisper lid if your air fryer has one (this is usually found on the Instant Pot Air Fryer).
- Shut your air fryer and set the timer to 9 minutes, and the temperature to 400 degrees F. (no need to pre-heat).
- Cook for 9 minutes on one side, then using tongs, flip the patty and cook for another 9 minutes on the other side. The internal temperature should be 165 degrees F.
- For vegan cheese, or any cheese, place a thin slice on the hot patty as soon as it’s done cooking.
- Feel free to place the burger buns in the air fryer to heat up for 1-2 minutes!
Can’t find an air fryer in grocery stores?
In my personal opinion, the PowerXL Air Fryer is DEFINITELY worth the money. It’s a great option for anyone with limited counter space that wants the luxury of being able to air fry, grill and bake all in one device.
If you think you want to purchase one, feel free to use my Amazon Associates Affiliate Link here! You do not get charged any extra, and I will receive a small commission off of your purchase.
Is Beyond Meat Mediterranean Diet Friendly?
It’s not about the burger, it’s about the company it keeps! In short, there are ways to make this a healthy meal, and there are ways to make this a not-so-healthy meal. Let’s break it down.
More Air Fryer Recipes That You Will Love
If you like this recipe, you will love these other delicious air fryer recipes!
Did you make this recipe? It would mean so much to me if you would rate it below the recipe card and tag me in your creation on Instagram so I can admire your work! @RecipeHippie
Frozen Beyond Burger In Air Fryer
- air fryer
- 2 frozen Beyond Burger patties
- vegetable based cooking spray
Optional Ingredients For Burger
- Sliced red onion
- Greens, such as lettuce, arugula, kale or spinach
- Condiments like mustard or aioli
- Choice of bun, such as a lettuce wrap bun, or whole wheat bun
- Vegan cheese or any cheese
- Take the frozen burgers out of their container, and toss out any parchment paper that is stuck to the burgers. There is no need to thaw them.
- Spray each side of the frozen burger patties with vegetable oil for crispier burgers, or skip this step if opting for oil-less burgers. I do recommend lightly spraying the bottom of the air fryer basket to prevent sticking.
- Place them flat in the air fryer basket in a single layer, and top with a crisper lid if your air fryer has one (this is usually found on the Instant Pot Air Fryer).
- Shut your air fryer and set the timer to 9 minutes, and the temperature to 400 degrees F (no need to pre-heat). Cook for 9 minutes on one side, then using tongs, flip the patty and cook for another 9 minutes on the other side. The internal temperature should be 165 degrees F.
- If you want to add vegan cheese, or any regular cheese, place a thin slice on the hot patty as soon as you remove it from the air fryer.
- You now have the option to place place the burger buns in the air fryer to heat up for 1-2 minutes (don't do this if using lettuce wrap). Assemble your burger however you like, and enjoy!