For a recipe that only uses 6 ingredients (including salt), this vegan sun-dried tomato pesto recipe really takes you to flavor-town (Guy Fieri voice)! Different from traditional pesto, this bright red condiment is chunkier, with more flavor and less drip. It can easily be served as a dip with crackers, an easy sauce for pasta, or even as the base of a pesto inspired bruschetta! The infused tangy and smooth flavor is going to entrance you, and I would bet money that you will debate just eating it with a spoon!
How To Make This Blender Pesto Recipe:
This is such an easy pesto recipe you guys. There is NOTHING better than a delicious recipe that consists of tossing all of the ingredients in a blender and processing!
- Toast the nuts. This is actually very important to develop the earthy, smooth flavor of the nuts.
- Place all of the ingredients, including the infused oil that the sun-dried tomatoes are in, into the food processor or blender, and process until it is the consistency you desire.
- THAT’S IT! I know, it took you all of 5 minutes to make this delicious homemade pesto recipe!
When To Serve Vegan Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto:
This red pesto tastes absolutely AMAZING tossed with pasta. Sun-dried tomato pesto pasta salad is the perfect summer bbq dish, because it can be served cold OR hot. Make it ahead of time and watch your friends and family BEG you for the recipe. They will never believe you when you tell them that it only took you 5 MINUTES to make! It also makes a wonderful last minute appetizer idea, because you likely have all of the ingredients sitting in your pantry.
Other recipes using sun-dried tomato pesto can include pizzas, sandwiches, bruschetta, cracker dips and more!
If you are looking for a good wodden serving bowl like mine, go check out this Acacia Wooden Salad Bowl Set
Frequently Asked Questions:
|Can I use a different nut other than almonds?||Definitely! Walnuts and pine nuts are a popular pesto nut as well. I chose almonds because I always have a big tub of them in my pantry, and they are very affordable. Whatever nut you choose, make sure you toast it accordingly.|
|Should I discard the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes?||NO! When purchasing your sun-dried tomatoes, make sure that they are in oil, as this oil is LOADED with delicious flavor. When adding the ingredients to your blender or food processor, make sure to empty the jar of oil in as well. This helps to reduce waste, and the infused oil with drastically elevate the flavor of this pesto.|
|How long is homemade pesto good for?||This homemade sun-dried tomato pesto recipe can be stored in an airtight container or jar for 4-5 days.|
Vegan Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- Food Processor
- OR Blender
- `1 10oz jar of sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil (using entire jar, including oil)
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar (can use red wine vinegar if needed, but will change the flavor)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Heat a sauce pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, toss in the almonds and toast until roasted, about 3-4 minutes. This step is important for developing their earthy flavor.
- Toss all of the ingredients in a food processor and blend until a chunky pesto forms. Note that you are using the entire jar of sun-dried tomatoes, including the oil. Enjoy!
- You can keep this pesto in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
Did you like my ‘Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto’ recipe?! If so, go check out my ‘Shiitake Mushroom Pasta With Lemon Butter Garlic Sauce And Honey Yogurt recipe!
You guys, this easy pasta recipe is SOO good! Shiitake mushroom pasta with lemon butter sauce, honey yogurt and fried capers combines the homey comfort of buttered pasta with the elegance of wild shiitake mushrooms and creamy sweet yogurt sauce. It is a fantastic dish to make to impress your dinner party guests, or to …