This crab cake stuffed lemons recipe take ‘easy squeezy lemon peasy‘ to the next level! How perfect do they look?! The lemons make the ultimate vessel for the crab cake that is impeccably moist with a crunchy top. Serve them at your next dinner party or holiday gathering and watch everyone be amazed at how simple they are to make! They take under 10 minutes to prep, and can be made ahead the night before for a quick and easy appetizer that will wow your guests and make them think “why haven’t I stuffed a lemon before?!”
The Delicious Crab Cakes:
This moist crab cake recipe is perfectly seasoned and absolutely delicious. Garlic powder and cayenne are the only two spices used. Since the crumbled Ritz crackers have so much flavor and salt, you don’t need to use many seasonings in these Ritz cracker crab cakes. Make sure you squeeze some of the lemon juice into the filling! This ties the crab cake and lemon together for a harmonious appetizer. The most important tip I have for you is to make sure you buy REAL lump crab meat. It is more expensive than the fake stuff, but it is SO much better. Sift through it with your hands before mixing to make sure there are no bits of shell.
Make Ahead Crab Cakes:
I think the best part of these creative and unique lemon appetizers is that you can prepare them the day before! It really only takes 10 minutes to prep, but that’s 10 minutes that you could spend chatting with friends or sitting down with a frosty glass of pinot grigio. Make the crab cake mixture in a large bowl, cover it with a lid or plastic wrap and pop it in the fridge overnight. Cut the lemons in half, scoop the insides out and slice the bottom of each half so they don’t fall over. Then place them on a small baking sheet in the fridge. The day of, all you have to do is pre-heat the oven, scoop the crab cake into each lemon and bake them!
If you want the same look, try serving these yellow delights on an Authentic Kentucky Bourbon/Whiskey Barrel!
What To Serve With Crab Cakes:
I highly recommend serving this savory lemon recipe with a side of tartar sauce. Don’t feel like you have to make it from scratch! Since you only need a tiny dollop, store bought is fine. For the more adventurous palate, you might want to try a little hot sauce! There is nothing like the zing of hot sauce to spice up crab cakes! Garnish them with a little more dill and parsley for that beautiful pop of green that our eye craves, and you’re good to go.
You guys, this easy pasta recipe is SOO good! Shiitake mushroom pasta with lemon butter sauce, honey yogurt and fried capers combines the homey comfort of buttered pasta with the elegance of wild shiitake mushrooms and creamy sweet yogurt sauce. It is a fantastic dish to make to impress your dinner party guests, or to …
When To Serve Stuffed Lemons:
This recipe makes the best lemon appetizer because it can be prepped ahead of time and everyone always loves it! If you are looking for recipes using lots of lemons, this is a ‘what to do with surplus lemons‘ recipe if I ever saw one! I actually made these crab cake stuffed lemons as elegant seafood appetizers for Christmas, and they were a huge hit! But you can’t go wrong serving them at as a dinner party appetizer or hors d’oeuvres.
Crab Cake Stuffed Lemons
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 egg yolks
- 16 oz lumb crab meat
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 sleeve original Ritz crackers
- 5 large lemons (6 or 7 small lemons)
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut each lemon in half. Scoop the insides of the lemon out using a spoon. Start where the lemon flesh meets the white pith of the lemon and press the spoon between the two. Work your way around the lemon being careful to not rip the lemon or make any holes.
- Taking one half, cut a thin piece off of the bottom of the lemon so that the lemon will sit flat. Try not to cut all of the way through: there should not be a hole in the bottom of the lemon. (if there is, don't worry, you can still use it)
- In a large bowl, crumble the Ritz crackers with your hands so they are almost completely crumbs. Now add the mayonnaise, garlic powder, cayenne, egg yolks, parsley, dill, crab meat and lemon juice. Mix to fully combine. When you're adding the crab, use your fingers to feel if there are any shell pieces.
- Place each lemon half on a baking sheet or muffin pan. Scoop the crab mixture into each lemon.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes, until the tops of the crab cakes become brown.
- Remove from the oven, squeeze lemon juice over the top and garnish with parsley and dill. Serve immediately, and enjoy!
- To make ahead, follow steps 1-4. Cover the crab mixture bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge. Place the lemons in the fridge as well. Chill overnight, and when ready to use, pre-heat the oven, scoop the mixture into the lemons and bake!
Did you like my Crab Cake Stuffed Lemons recipe?! If so, go check out my Wild Mushroom and Matcha Beetroot Tart recipe!
This wild mushroom and matcha beetroot rustic tarts recipe is a fantastic and visually appealing large tart that you can present as an appetizer, a brunch menu item or an afternoon tea bite. The large tarts are crunchy on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside. And their striking colors are attributed to …