This ‘Chipotle Chicken Bagel Sandwich’ recipe absolutely packs a punch when it comes to flavor! I only use about a tablespoon of chipotle in adobo sauce, and that is enough for me! Feel free to add more if you love spice. I used fresh red onion, tomato and arugula: I wouldn’t substitute the red onion (unless you hate red onion), as the raw onion pairs beautifully with the spice of the chicken. However, feel free to substitute or add in lettuce, avocado or yellow onion.
Chipotle Chicken Bagel Sandwich
- 2 bagels (for 2 servings)
- 2 cans chicken (can get away with 1 if you only have 1 can)
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise, or mayonnaise substitute (Greek yogurt works as well!)
- 1/8 tsp salt. pepper and garlic powder
- 2 tbsp chipotle in adobo sauce from 1 can of chipotles in adobo
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 handful of arugula (or any greens you have)
- Split your bagels in half and toast them to the desired level of toast: I did until medium brown on each side.
- Open the cans of chicken and drain water: place chicken in bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp of mayonnaise to the chicken and stir.
- Open the can of chipotles in adobo: add 1-2 tbsp of sauce to chicken. Try to avoid the actual pepper itself, unless you REALLY enjoy spicy foods.
- Add in salt, pepper and garlic powder. If you do not have garlic powder, don’t worry about it.
- Mix to combine and place mixture on the bottom half of the bagel.
- Layer the tomato, red onion and arugula on top
- This is the Oxo Can Opener I use to open all of my canned goods! It locks into place and is very smooth and easy to turn.
- Bagels can be stored in your freezer for up to 3 months. Freeze your bagels to make this recipe often!
- Since you will have a lot of adobo sauce left over, spoon the leftover sauce into small labeled freezer bags and freeze for another day. When you are ready to use it again, just place it in warm water for about 10 minutes to thaw. I use Goya brand for my chipotles in adobo, as I find it is the most flavorful.
Did you like my ‘Chipotle Chicken Bagel Sandwich‘ recipe? If so, check out my ‘Stuffed Portobello Mushroom with Avocado Shepards Pie‘ recipe!
Goya Chipotles in Adobo Sauce: Goya is the brand that I choose when it comes to my chipotles in adobo. It is slightly more expensive, but the flavor is uncontested.
If you want to elevate the flavor of this sandwich, and the taste of everything you eat with mayonnaise, try this Black Truffle Aioli Mayonnaise . It is super flavorful and your eaters will be left wondering what that subtle yet fierce flavor boost is! It is vegetarian and gluten free.