Okay, I know it SOUNDS crazy…but I promise its not that crazy! I always struggle with what to do with left over salads. Not the kind of salads that I made from scratch, but those iceberg lettuce dense salads that were, at most, okay when you ate them the first time. The salads that you can’t bring yourself to eat a second time. THOSE SALADS. Instead of wasting them and tossing them in the trash, make this cucumber avocado gazpacho recipe! When you blend the salad with avocado and cucumber, the leftover salad is transformed from ‘blah‘ into an absolutely delightful chilled soup!
What Does This Salad Soup Taste Like?
Avocado and cucumber make the base for a soup that is light, bright and acidic. It’s the perfect chilled gazpacho for a hot summer day. I know soup in the summer is pretty unappetizing, but since gazpacho is served cold, it’s a great compliment to a grilled chicken or steak dinner. With minimal ingredients, the flavors of cucumber and avocado are the stars. The delicate nature of these ingredients yields an airy and refreshing, cool summer delight!
This is the blender that I use! It is super affordable and packs some serious power!
Get Creative With This Easy Gazpacho Recipe!
Garnish the left over salad gazpacho with parsley or cilantro and chopped nuts! In this recipe, I used chopped pistachios. Their creaminess pairs beautifully with the wetness of the blended vegetables. The best part about this cucumber gazpacho soup is that you can add just about any vegetable you have laying around the house into the blender. Remember how I added an entire left over salad?! Check your fridge for some rouge celery or tomatillios! The juicier and the higher the water content, the better.
You can also opt for any citrus juice you have available. I use lemon, but orange or lime will also work great!
Quick And Easy Summer Soup Recipe:
Ohh, I forgot to mention the best part about this recipe!…IT ONLY TOOK ME 5 MINUTES TO MAKE! That’s right! 5 minutes! With only 7 ingredients that are all blended together, talk about an easy and quick appetizer to impress your guests! Pop it all in the blender, blend for 60 seconds and you’re done! Can’t get much better than an easy gazpacho recipe blender!
If you want to get the look, this is the KATE SPADE Laurel Street 4-piece Place Setting that I have!
Cucumber Avocado Gazpacho With Left Over Salad
- 1 large cucumber, peeled or with the skin on (I peeled half of mine and left the skin on half)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup water (or vegetable broth for extra flavor)
- 1 cup left over salad or vegetables (see notes)
- 1 tsp cumin (you can use any spices you like, but I truly enjoy the flavor of cumin in this)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- the juice of 1/2 of one lemon (any citric fruit will work, see notes)
- salt, to taste ( I didn't add any, but that is personal preference)
- Prepare your cucumber and avocado. Peel cucumber, if peeling. Chop into pieces (no specific size since it is going to be blended) and add to blender. Carefully cut open the avocado, remove the pit and spoon the insides of the avocado into the blender, discarding the skin and pit.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the blender. Note that if you have any water based vegetables that you need to use, now is the time to use them! Toss them in!
- Put the lid on the blender and blend until fully blended and soup-like consistency. Taste and season with salt/pepper.
- Chill for at least 15 minutes until cool. Scoop into bowls and garnish with chopped nuts, parsley, greek yogurt, or whatever you like! Enjoy!
- This recipe yields two servings. If you are serving more people, simply double or triple the recipe!
- The best part about gazpacho is that you can add just about any vegetable you have laying around the house into the blender. I added left over take out salad to mine, which was mostly comprised of iceberg lettuce. Check your fridge for some rouge celery or tomatillios! The juicier and the higher the water content, the better.
- You can also opt for any citric juice you have available. I use lemon, but orange or lime juice works great as well!
Did you like my ‘Left Over Salad Gazpacho’ recipe?! If so, go check out my ‘Instant Pot Cauliflower Tikka Masala‘ recipe!
This easy veggie tikka masala recipe is a quick and easy Indian dish that yields a creamy and developed sauce, perfect for serving with naan, rice or pasta. It’s bold, with hints of ginger and curry, making it a comforting meal for any occasion. And with everything being done in less than 30 minutes, it …