This 5 minute recipe actually can’t get any easier! Scoop out a layer of hummus and a layer of tzatziki over a platter, sprinkle over some chopped vegetables and top with feta! Greek layered dip is the perfect healthy party dip that everyone will love!
7 Layer Greek Dip
We all know that Mexican layer dip that is absolutely addictive, with the re-fried beans and sour cream and cheese (note to self: make Mexican 7 layer dip soon).
Well this is it’s Greek brother! Technically its a 5 layer Greek dip but that’s not including the feta and toppers like basil and green onion!
This Mediterranean appetizer comes together in about 5 minutes and can be served with a variety of foods like vegetable sticks or pita chips.
Interested in learning more about the Mediterranean diet?
Check out my blog post ‘What Is The Mediterranean Diet?’ to learn more!
So you are interested in the Mediterranean diet! I don’t blame you, it’s been voted the ‘Best Overall Diet’ in 2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, & 2018 by US News and World Report! Many people enjoying this lifestyle swear by the health benefits. But what is the Mediterranean diet? What Is The Mediterranean Diet? In …
What TO Serve It With
Since dip is such a versatile appetizer, there is a large variety of ingredients that you can serve it with! Here are a few examples:
If you are trying to stick to a Mediterranean diet appetizer, opt for the vegetables!
Make Ahead And Storage Tips For Greek Layered Dip:
Is This Greek Dip Healthy?
It absolutely is! Here, let’s break down the health benefits of the individual ingredients:
|Hummus||Hummus is typically made by blending chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic. It’s packed with plant-based protein from the chickpeas, and typically has a high amount of manganese, magnesium and phosphorus!|
|Tzatziki||Tzatziki is typically made with greek yogurt, cucumbers, olive oil and dill. Greek yogurt is another ingredient high in protein, while the olive oil provides important heart healthy fats and antioxidants (oleocanthal) that fight inflammation in the body.|
|Cucumber||Unpeeled cucumber has a significant amount of vitamin K, and provide hydration due to being made up of about 96% water!|
|Olives||You can use any type of olive that you want in this recipe! Olives are high in vitamin E and other powerful antioxidants. They are high in the healthy fat oleic acid, which is studied for a variety of health benefits.|
|Tomatoes||I always recommend getting organic tomatoes. Tomatoes are a great source of vitamin C, potassium, folate and vitamin K. They are also a fairly good source of insoluble fiber.|
How To Make 7 Layer Dip Video
More Mediterranean Recipes That You Will Love
If you like this recipe, you will love these other delicious Mediterranean Recipes!
Did you make this greek recipe? It would mean so much to me if you would rate it below the recipe card and tag me in your creation on Instagram so I can admire your work! @RecipeHippie
Greek Layered Dip
- 10 oz Hummus of choice (feel free to make your own!)
- 8 oz store bought tzatziki sauce (feel free to make your own!)
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and cut into cubes (leave skin on for extra nutritional benefits)
- 2 roma tomatos, cored and cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup pitted olives of choice, I used kalamata
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Parsley or Cilantro
- Green Onion Or Chives
- Spread the hummus on the bottom of a serving platter or baking dish.
- Spread the tzatziki over the top of the hummus.Top with the chopped cucumber, tomato and olives.
- Sprinkle with feta and whatever garnish you choose. Serve with pita chips, vegetables or bread, and enjoy!
- Chop up the tomato, cucumber and olives. Store them for up to 24 hours in the refrigerator in a glass container with a lid.
- Chop up any optional garnishes and store separately in another container for up to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Cover leftovers tightly with plastic wrap or press & seal, and store in the refrigerator and use within 24 hours.
- NOTE – Sometimes the liquid from the tomatoes and cucumber becomes watery after it sits for a while, so I recommend eating it all the first day. But if you do have leftovers you can store them!