Vegan broccoli rice casserole is a healthy casserole recipe that is perfect for meatless Mondays! We make an easy cheesy vegan sauce that gets poured over broccoli, vegan rice and beans. It’s quick, healthy and super tasty!
Vegan Rice Recipe
When I was trying to make a vegan recipe with rice, I found that there were not a ton of easy options out there. A lot of vegan recipes don’t use rice, since white rice isn’t super healthy for you. But to be honest, sometimes I just want white rice!
If you don’t want to use white rice, you can always use cooked brown rice, wild rice or even Spanish rice!
Brighten up your day with this delicious and comforting Greek lemon soup with chickpeas recipe! The healthy ingredients used not only contribute to the soups delicious flavor, but they also have many nutritional benefits. It’s vegan and Mediterranean diet friendly, and doesn’t take long at all to whip up! Why Is This A Great Soup …
The Vegan Cheese Sauce Recipe:
Do you have a blender or food processor? Great, then you can make this vegan ‘cheese‘ sauce recipe in about 60 seconds! Toss all of these ingredients into the blender, blend for 60 seconds on high, and you’ve got your vegan ‘cheese‘ sauce!
What Does It Taste Like?
To be quite honest with you, I don’t personally think it tastes like traditional cheese. Since I am not a vegan, I eat cheese pretty regularly and I just don’t think it compares. But I do think it is ABSOLUTELY delicious!
It has a slight cheesiness, coupled with a creamy nuttiness and a subtle sweetness from the carrots and plant milk.
When mixed with the rice, beans and broccoli, you get a mouthful of healthy ingredients that you know are going to fuel your body!
Plant Based Comfort Food:
Casseroles are the perfect weeknight meal. Toss all of the ingredients in a baking dish and leave it in the oven to get hot and bubbly! And since this vegan ‘cheese‘ sauce is made with nutritional yeast and plant milk, this is a dairy-free casserole recipe!
Sprinkling nutritional yeast over the top before popping the casserole in the oven allows it to toast while baking, give more delicious cheesy flavor to the dish.
Did you make this recipe? It would mean so much to me if you would rate it below the recipe card and tag me in your creation on Instagram so I can admire your work! @RecipeHippie
Vegan Broccoli Rice Casserole
- Blender or food processor
Vegan 'Cheese' Sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 5 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3/4 tsp table salt
- 1 1/4 cups plant milk of choice
- 1/2 cup vegan condensed butternut squash soup (okay to omit if you don't have it)
- 2 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 1 15 oz can of black beans, rinsed
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- The vegan cheese sauce
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Toss all of the vegan cheese sauce ingredients into a blender. Blend on high for 60 second.
- Transfer the rice to a large casserole dish. Pour the beans and broccoli over the top and mix with the rice.
- Pour the vegan cheese sauce over the top of the casserole and mix well until fully combined with the other ingredients. Use the back of a spoon or spatula to evenly smooth the casserole down. Sprinkle 1/4 cup nutritional yeast evenly over the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Enjoy!