I grew up eating toasties. This is a classic Christmas cookie recipe that my grandmother started making for her family back in the 50’s. The buttery shell is filled with a brown sugar and pecan pie mixture, and is topped with a maraschino cherry. These bite sized cookies are absolutely delightful, and the perfect addition to your holiday cookie box! You seriously HAVE to try pecan pie bites!
What Do Toasties Taste Like?
Toasties might as well be miniature pecan pies! They taste just like a pecan pie, but instead of only getting a little of the buttery and flaky crust, you get a lot of it! Pecan pie cookies are sweet, nutty and rich. They are warm and comforting, hence the name ‘Toasties’! You definitely won’t be able to eat just one!
This Fox Run Mini Muffin Pan is PERFECT for this recipe!
How To Make Pecan Pie Cookies:
These pecan pie bites are actually very easy to make, considering how delicious they turn out! To start, you cut butter and cream cheese into flour until a dough forms. Press that dough into greased mini muffin tin.
To make the filling, beat eggs, sugar, nuts and vanilla extract. Scoop them into the dough lined muffin tins, and top each cookie with a maraschino cherry! Bake until golden and crispy, and you’ve got yourself a delicious classic Christmas cookie recipe!
You can absolutely substitute out pecans for walnuts! It still tastes like a pecan pie because of all of the other ingredients. That’s actually what I did this year!
When To Serve Pecan Pie Bites:
You are definitely going to want to serve these traditional Christmas cookies around the holidays! They are perfect for Christmas parties and holiday parties because they are bite sized! Instead of bringing in an entire pecan pie, why not give everyone a few of their own mini pecan pies! These easy Christmas cookies are a great winter cookie idea because of how warm and happy they make you feel. That’s why they’re called ‘Toasties’!
Pecan Pie Bites
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- maraschino cherries
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut the butter and cream cheese into the sifted flour until the particles are about the size of small peas. If they are not sticking well, add 1 tbsp of water. Press together until a dough ball forms.
- Grease a mini muffin tin. Rip off a small piece of dough, and line the tin by pressing it with your thumb and fingers.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs, brown sugar, vanilla extract and the chopped pecans. Scoop 2 tsp of this mixture over the cookies, and top each cookie with a maraschino cherry (or 1/2 of a cherry if you do not have enough for each cookie).
- Bake in the oven for 20-23 minutes until golden brown and toasty! Transfer to a wire rack to cool and enjoy!
- These cookies will last up to 1 week in an air tight container.
Did you like this ‘Pecan Pie Bites’ recipe?! If so, go check out my ‘Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti‘ recipe! Another GREAT holiday cookie idea!
This cranberry pistachio biscotti recipe is the best Christmas biscotti recipe out there! Red cranberries and green pistachios are mixed into the biscotti batter for a festive and delicious addition to your Christmas bakings! These biscotti are not too dry and are prefect for dipping in a hot cup of coffee or hot cocoa. What …