Tender, pull apart beef bites are seared with garlic and lemon juice, then tossed with gooey goat cheese until the cheese melts over every piece of beef! Pull apart goat cheese garlic steak bites are perfect over rice, couscous, or even as an appetizer!
What Is A Reverse Braise?
So to get the perfect ‘crispy on the outside, soft on the inside‘ texture of the beef, we reverse braise it.
The sear helps to lock in flavor, and since the beef is already in a pan, its easy to toss in our aromatics for added flavor.
You’re going to want to save this one, guys! This is the best corned beef and cabbage recipe because the corned beef is transformed into a super flavorful, crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside corned beef brisket that pretty much melts in your mouth. It is served over a bed of cabbage that …
What To Serve With Steak Bites:
This recipe has hints of Mediterranean flavors like lemon and goat cheese, so serving it over a couscous or tabbouleh salad would be delicious. Here are some other options!
Budget Friendly Dinner Idea:
This whole dish costs about $15 to make, and serves a family of 4! Here, let me break it down:
Did you make this recipe? It would mean so much to me if you would rate it below the recipe card and tag me in your creation on Instagram so I can admire your work! @RecipeHippie
Pull Apart Goat Cheese Garlic Steak Bites
- Pressure Cooker or Slow Cooker
- 3 pound chuck roast
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and pressed through garlic presser (or minced)
- 2 tbsp reserved beef broth (see recipe)
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- cherry tomatoes
- lemon zest
- base such as rice, couscous, tabbouleh
- Start by trimming the fatty edges off of the beef, and cutting it into 1 inch cubes. Toss the cubed beef into an instant pot, and pour in 1 cup of beef broth. Place the lid in a locked position with the release knob sealed & set IP to pressure cook on high for 33 minutes. (If slow cooking, place beef in slow cooker with beef broth and slow cook on low for 6-8 hours or hight for 4 hours.)
- When done, allow instant pot to sit undisturbed for a 10 minute natural release, then carefully turn the steam release knob to venting and release remaining pressure.
- Drain the liquid from the beef, making sure to reserve at least 2 tbsp (the liquid is great for soups!). The beef should be tender enough to be easily pulled apart. Season the beef cubes with salt/pepper and garlic powder.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, melt the butter in the pan, then add the seasoned beef cubes. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side until browned.
- Add the garlic and lemon juice, and2 tbsp of reserved beef broth. Mix well, then turn the heat off and add the goat cheese to the pan. Mix well until every piece of beef has goat cheese on it.
- Serve with your sides and enjoy!