Roasted sweet potatoes are tossed with greens, quinoa, and fresh vegetables in this super simple sweet potato quinoa bowl. You can use what you have in your refrigerator, making this recipe versatile and a great option for a healthy lunch or quick dinner!
This has been a go-to meal for me recently because it is plant-based and quick. I usually save half of the baked sweet potato cubes for my two-year-old and 9-month-old who are learning how to self-feed. So this recipe is wonderful if you have little ones.
You can also serve it warm or cold, depending on what mood you are in that day. And the fact that you can pretty much use whatever you have in the fridge takes any decision anxiety out of it.
Ingredient Variations and Substitutions
This recipe makes for a great Mediterranean diet lunch recipe or dinner because it uses mostly whole foods and it is super healthy!
What Dressing To Use In Sweet Potato Quinoa Bowls
The best part about this recipe is that if you don’t have a dressing available, a quick squeeze of lemon and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil will do just fine! You can also use any pre-made salad dressing that you desire.
If you are feeling up to making your own, these three vinaigrette recipes go great with this sweet potato bowl!
More Healthy Mediterranean Diet Recipes You Will Love
Did you make this healthy grain bowl recipe? It would mean so much to me if you would give it a star rating and tag me in your creation on Instagram so I can admire your work! @RecipeHippie
Sweet Potato Quinoa Bowl
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp sliced red onion, divided
- 1/2 cup rinsed canned chickpeas, divided
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, divided (make according to your package directions)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half and divided
- 2 cups baby spinach, or salad green of choice, divided
- dressing of choice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Toss the cubed sweet potatoes in olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Feel free to add any other spices that you enjoy. Spread them over a parchent paper lined baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes until fork tender.
- Assemble each bowl with 1 cup of salad greens, 1/2 cup cooked quinoa, 1/4 cup chickpeas, 1 tbsp sliced red onion, 1/4 cup sliced cherry tomatoes, and half of the cubed sweet potatoes.
- Drizzle with the dressing of your choice, and toss. Enjoy!