(And Ginger Peanut Sauce!)
Perfectly seasoned cod fish is oven roasted in one pan with asparagus, and served over light and bright lemon garlic cauliflower rice. The cod is then topped with a creamy nutty Thai peanut sauce for the perfect medley of flavors and textures. This cod dinner recipe is sure to be a weeknight dinner hit in your house!
Cod is a deceiving fish…every time I go to the store and ask for a filet, I always feel like it is going to be so light that I end up getting a huge piece. Once I begin eating it, I quickly realize how filling it is. It must be all of that lean protein and vitamins/minerals! The roasted cod comes out so tender and juicy, and the cauliflower rice is the perfect base for a healthy fish dinner.
Technically you can make this peanut sauce with salmon, halibut or really any other fish. But I like cod because of its flakey texture and dense portion.
Easy Veggie Tikka Masala Recipe
This easy veggie tikka masala recipe is a quick and easy Indian dish that yields a creamy and developed sauce, perfect for serving with naan, rice or pasta. It’s bold, with hints of ginger and curry, making it a comforting meal for any occasion. And with everything being done in less than 30 minutes, it …
How To Make Peanut Sauce For Fish:
The peanut sauce for this dish is SUPER easy to make and boosts the ginger and lemon flavors of the cod and cauliflower.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, rice vinegar, ginger powder, coconut aminos (or soy sauce) and water.
- Make sure to add the water slowly so that the consistency of the peanut sauce is not too thick.
- If you want to experiment a little, dried lemon grass and turmeric would probably taste amazing in this sauce!
You’re going to want a large food processor so you don’t have to keep dumping out the riced cauliflower and starting over. For the price, cuisine art has never failed me! Check out this Cuisine Art 8 Cup Food Processor:
One Pan Dinner:
Technically, if you have a big enough sheet pan, this can be a one pan dinner! The oven is set to 450 degrees F, and everything cooks in equal time. There is nothing worse than your protein finishing before your base and having one item on the plate boiling hot and the other luke warm!
Ohh, and this oven baked cod with lemon garlic cauliflower rice dinner cooks in under 25 minutes! For something that is so healthy with so much flavor, it is such a simple meal!
Have you checked out ‘Thrive Market’ yet?! It’s an online grocery store that specifically sells quality items that are vegan, vegetarian, organic, paleo, whole 30 and much more! And everything is so inexpensive because they get the items straight from the manufacturer. It is a $60 membership fee (same as Costco and BJ’s), but most members say they make that money back in the first few orders. Afterwards, if you DON’T make it back, Thrive Market will refund you the difference! So what are you waiting for? Click the image below to learn more!
What To Serve With Cod And Cauliflower:
This cauliflower rice dinner recipe can be served with just about any veggie side you want, however I find that there is something delicate about white fish served with asparagus that I love. Whatever vegetable you choose, make sure to wash it and remove the stems. Most vegetables can be cooked at 450 degrees for the same amount of time as the fish/cauliflower, just make sure to adjust accordingly.
Oven Baked Cod With Lemon Garlic Cauliflower Rice & Ginger Peanut Sauce
- Food Processor
- 4 fillets cod (one fillet per serving, or two large filets cut accordingly)
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- 2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/16 tsp cayenne (if you don't like spicy, skip)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 bunch asparagus (or whatever vegetable you choose)
- 2 tsp olive oil, divided for fish and asparagus
Ingredients for ginger peanut sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tsp coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 cup water, and possibly more for desired consistency
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- Clean your fish and pat dry. Combine ginger powder, cumin, garlic powder, cayenne and salt in a bowl. Spread over both sides of the fish and place the fish on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with 1 tsp of olive oil (you don't need much).
- Now prepare the cauliflower rice: Chop up the head of cauliflower into small pieces. Place in the food processor in batches and process until the entire head is riced.
- Toss riced cauliflower in a bowl with pressed garlic and squeezed lemon juice. Spread thinly over a parchment lined baking sheet. (if you have enough room, can be spread on same sheet as fish.)
- If you are cooking asparagus with this, chop ends off, place on same baking sheet as the fish and drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil and salt/pepper. If you are cooking a different vegetable, prepare and place on the sheet.
- Place fish, cauliflower rice and veggie option in oven and cook for 15 minutes. At 15 minutes, take out the cauliflower rice and mix it up. Place the sheet back in oven and cook another 8-10 minutes.
Instructions for ginger peanut sauce:
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter, rice vinegar, ginger powder (or fresh ginger), soy sauce/coconut aminos, and water. Mix with a whisk until smooth. Continue to add water 1 tsp at a time until desired consistency.
- Can be served over the fish or on the side!
- This dish can be served with just about any veggie side you want, however I find that there is just something delicate about white fish served with asparagus that I love. Whatever vegetable you choose, make sure to wash it and remove any stems. Most vegetables can be cooked at 450 degrees for the same amount of time as the fish/cauliflower, just make sure to adjust accordingly.
- When processing the cauliflower, I frequently had to turn it off and stir the cauliflower to get all of the pieces riced. Feel free to add lemon zest for a more lemony flavor!
Did you like my ‘Oven Baked Cod Recipe With Lemon Garlic Cauliflower Rice’? If so, go check out my ‘Skillet Roasted Pomegranate Chicken‘ recipe!
Four Sigmatic Organic Lion’s Mane Mushroom Elixir with Rhodiola & Rose Hips. It supports the immune system & memory, and its Paleo!