Smoothie bowls are a great way to enjoy a delicious and nutritious breakfast without having to spend a lot of time making it. Just toss all of the ingredients for this blackberry smoothie bowl in a blender and sprinkle with a few toppings! It’s quick, beautiful and an easy way to boost your vitamin content and energy in the mornings.
What Is The Difference Between A Smoothie And A Smoothie Bowl?
Good question! If you put them side by side, there are a few obvious differences that you will notice.
If you are in need of a good blender, this is the one that I use! It is affordable and really works well! Ninja Professional 72 Oz Countertop Blender with 1000-Watt Base and Total Crushing Technology
This anti inflammatory smoothie recipe combines super foods like cherries and flaxseed with tasty and nutritious strawberries and pineapple for an inflammation fighting and delicious smoothie! And with little to no prep, this pineapple cherry smoothie makes a great anti inflammatory breakfast or snack. Why Should We Be Concerned With Inflammation? Inflammation is not always …
How To Make This Pink Smoothie Bowl:
Do you have 60 seconds and some cut up fruit garnishes? Than you can enjoy this blackberry smoothie bowl!
- Place frozen blackberries in a blender. Pour in 1/3 cup of hemp milk, and add a banana. Blend until fully smooth, about 45 seconds.
- Pour it into a bowl, and garnish however you like with cut up fruits, nuts and seeds! I sprinkled flaxseed meal down the middle and aligned the sides with sliced raspberries and blackberries. I sprinkled poppy seeds and topped them with golden berries for a bright yellow pop of color! Your easy smoothie bowl is done!
What Are Some Healthy Smoothie Bowl Toppings?
This list could really go on forever, because ANY fruit and even some vegetables can be considered appropriate toppings for smoothie bowls. But here is a list of some of my favorites, many of which are pantry staples in my kitchen.
|HONEY:||Honey is full of phenolic compounds like flavonoids, which are important antioxidants that help ward off everyday toxins in the body. Just note that the fruits used in smoothie bowls contain their own sugars, so if you do add honey, use it sparingly!|
|FLAXSEEDS & FLAXSEED MEAL:||One is the seed and one is the seed ground up. Both are high in Omega-3 Fatty acids, which are super important for brain function and overall health. Along with their many other nutrients, flax seed is also a great source of dietary fiber, which is needed to aid in digestion.|
|BERRIES LIKE BLUEBERRIES, BLACKBERRIES, RASPBERRIES, STRAWBERRIES:||So, different berries have different health benefits, but ALL berries are extremely good for you. They are all loaded with antioxidants, fiber and help to fight inflammation.|
|COCONUT:||These little white shreds not only look beautiful sprinkled over a smoothie bowl, they have many health benefits as well! Coconut meat is rich in fiber and MCT’s, which are a healthy fat that provides the body with energy. Coconut meat has been studied for its potential ability to boost HDL (good) cholesterol and reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol.|
|NUTS LIKE ALMONDS, CASHEWS, WALNUTS & MACADAMIA||Nuts are a great source of protein and a variety of different nutrients like magnesium, vitamin E and selenium. Nut’s are antioxidant powerhouses and help to reduce oxidative stress in the body. They also may contain properties that help to lower cholesterol and reduce inflammation in the body.|
|SPICES LIKE CINNAMON, NUGMEG & TURMERIC||Depending on what fruits make up the base of your power smoothie recipe, different spices and powders can be added to provide a contrasting pop of color and added nutritional benefits. Turmeric works great with mango smoothie bowls, as cinnamon adds a beautiful bright red flare to white pineapple bowls. Play around with different spices and see which one works best for you and your tastes!|
Blackberry Smoothie Bowl
- 1 2/3 cup frozen blackberries
- 1/3 cup hemp milk (or almond milk, coconut milk, dairy milk)
- 1 banana, peeled and ripped into 4 pieces
- Garnishes for bowl, such as flaxseed meal, golden berries, raspberries, fresh blackberries, poppy seeds ect. (see blog post for other suggestions)
- Place frozen blackberries in a blender. Pour in 1/3 cup of hemp milk, and add the ripped up banana. Blend until fully smooth, about 45 seconds.
- Pour it into a bowl, and garnish however you like with cut up fruits, nuts and seeds! I sprinkled flaxseed meal down the middle and aligned the sides with sliced raspberries and blackberries. I sprinkled poppy seeds and topped them with golden berries for a bright yellow pop of color!
If you liked this blackberry smoothie recipe, than you will LOVE my Cranberry Lime Coffee Tonic recipe!
This cranberry lime coffee tonic recipe is incredible! What sounds better than fizzy, bubbly coffee? When tonic water is mixed with cold brew coffee or cold espresso, MAGIC happens. You get a delicious and effervescent morning beverage that is both refreshing and fun! Just plain old coffee and tonic are totally fine…but think about all …