Chocolate Blueberry Silken Tofu Mousse
This 5 minute dessert blends silky smooth tofu with gooey chocolate, decadent cocoa powder and sweet blueberries, for the best vegan mousse recipe!
- 16 ounces organic silken tofu
- 2 cups frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips (or 5 ounces of chopped chocolate bar)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 5 tbsp cocoa powder
- optional garnish of shredded chocolate spirals, blueberries and/or mint
Gently press your silken tofu with paper towels or clean dish towels until you have drained some of the water out of it. This is important, because excess water will affect the thickness of the mousse.
Microwave the chocolate chips (or chopped up chocolate bar) in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until fully melted. Be careful not to over microwave, as this will result in burnt chocolate. Once fully melted, set aside.
Place into the blender the silken tofu, blueberries and honey and blend until smooth. Now add the chocolate and cocoa powder, and blend again.
Spoon the mousse into ramekins, bowls or glasses. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to let it set! Top with chocolate spirals, blueberries and/or mint and enjoy!
- This mousse can be made overnight! Just store it in the refrigerator and cover with plastic wrap, then right before serving, garnish with fresh berries, chocolate and mint!
- STORAGE - Store any leftover vegan chocolate mousse in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.