Baked Cod Salad
This easy cod recipe tops a bright and beautiful kale salad with flakey baked cod, while homemade caesar salad dressing is drizzled over the top!
- 8 oz cod fish
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil (or olive oil)
- 5 oz baby kale salad
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (I used yellow and red for color)
- 1 tbsp chopped or sliced red onion
- 6 baby carrots, sliced into medallions, OR one large carrot sliced into medallions
- 4 hard boiled eggs, quartered
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 small handfull of microgreens (I used purple radish microgreens)
- 1 small pinch of chives, chopped
Ingredients For Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1 1/2 tsp anchovy paste
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil (or vegetable oil)
- fresh ground black pepper
Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare the cod: Place the cod on a parchment lined baking sheet, and sprinkle the top and sides with the dried dill and garlic powder. Drizzle with about 1 tbsp of sunflower oil or olive oil, and place the baking sheet in the oven. Cook until the cod is fully cooked through and flakey, which is about 15-18 minutes, depending on size and thickness.
Prepare the salad: Toss baby kale with red onion, carrots and tomatoes. Place chopped hard boiled eggs around the boarder of the serving bowl.
Make the dressing: Place egg yolks, minced garlic, lemon juice, mustard and anchovy paste in a dressing bowl and whisk until combined, about 60 seconds of hand whisking. Gradually begin adding the olive oil while continuing to whisk until the dressing is thick and fully combined. Do the same thing for the vegatable oil. Taste and adjust lemon, salt/pepper as needed.
Plate: When the fish is done cooking, remove the baking sheet from the oven and carefully place the cod the center of the salad. Top the salad with microgreens and chives, and serve with the caesar salad dressing! Enjoy!