This super easy and healthy avocado dipping sauce with greek yogurt is full of flavor and is the perfect game day dip recipe! Pantry spices are mixed with avocado and greek yogurt for a take on a traditional ranch dressing recipe, but with more omega-3’s and less saturated fat! It’s good for you, and SO delicious, so you won’t feel bad if you eat the entire bowl!
What Does This Healthy Chip Dip Taste Like?
The mild, yet tasty flavor of avocado meets the tangy sourness of the plain greek yogurt well. To balance out the tang, spices such as dried minced onion, garlic powder and salt are tossed in with bright and earthy dill. Fresh squeezed citrus juice continues to help develop the flavor, and you are left with a bright and creamy avocado dip, perfect for scooping with appetizers.
Do You Need A Blender To Make It?
No, a blender is not required to make this dip, but it does help. Have you ever made guacamole? Usually the ingredients are tossed in a bowl and mashed using a fork or potato masher. You have the control to make it as chunky or as smooth as you desire. This easy healthy dip recipe is the same way!
If you have a blender or food processor and want the dip to be extra smooth, than toss everything in, press blend and watch your creamy masterpiece come together!
Alternatively, if you enjoy a few chunks of avocado on your chips, or if you just don’t want to deal with the extra dishes that using a blender would cause, toss all of the ingredients in a bowl and mash them with a fork!
Don’t forget guys, this is Recipe Hippie, a FREE SPIRITED APPROACH TOWARDS HOME COOKING! Use what you have, and do what you want!
I LOVE this rustic wooden dip bowl by Miusco!
How To Make This Avocado Dip With Greek Yogurt:
Toss everything in a blender and blend or mash in a bowl! I’m actually not even kidding, it’s THAT easy! There are a couple of steps that you need to take before doing this though:
When To Serve Avocado Dipping Sauce:
Because of how easy and versatile it is, there are really SO many options!
- It makes for a great game day dip recipe! Serve it like a guacamole!
- All of the ingredients are so light and bright, so serving it as a healthy summer dip is also a great idea!
- Don’t be afraid to get creative with it! I think a little cumin or curry would taste wonderful in this healthy appetizer dip! You can also smear this dip on sandwiches and quesadillas, or spoon it over nachos.
- Or, if you are just looking for an easy last minute dip recipe, there is a good change you already have all of the ingredients laying around the kitchen.
Avocado Dipping Sauce
- 2 avocados, skin and pit removed
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt (I recommend whole fat for flavor reasons)
- 1 tsp dried minced onion
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, or 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Place the avocado in a blender or food processor. Toss in the greek yogurt, dill, lemon juice and spices. Blend until a dip like consistancy. You may need to turn the blender off and stir the ingredients a few times until fully blended.Pour into a serving bowl and enjoy!
If Not Using A Blender:
- Mince the dill well. Place all of the ingredients in a bowl and mash until desired constancy.
Did you like this Avocado Dipping Sauce recipe? If so, you should go check out my Sesame Parsley Chimichurri Sauce recipe!
This bright and fresh sesame parsley chimichurri combines flavors like ginger, sesame and wasabi with garden-fresh parsley to yield a delicious and super flavorful asian sauce! It can be used on vegetables, or spoon it over meats like chicken, fish and steak. Parsley is so frequently overlooked in our refrigerators. We use up a few …